1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wall Project

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Mar 7, 2012.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Haha! Who do you think writes my award winning posts!

2. DVS Hardscaper

Well the covered deck and it's posts have survived! I still can't believe the posts are only sitting on 9" piers.

face.jpg

photo.jpg

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Believe me it has every bit the job of holding things in place. If I remember to one day, I'll put up a pick of what happens to the wall when lips are removed because the installer wanted a vertical wall instead. Think reverse batter. I can see the advantage in that design which regards to inside radius curves.

4. DVS Hardscaper

Oh I agree! I went as far as posting pics of what happens a few recent months ago and I was called "arrogant" and a "know it all", and a rant was gone off on telling me I can't "admit when" I'm "wrong"!

But we don't need to get into that here, we can start another thread :)

Posted while laying in bed via Mobile Device

5. shovelracer

Go ahead pick a topic. How about "Drainage, and it's role in today's modern hardscape" or "Synthetic Turf, the wave of the future or the pest slowly eating in to pockets of the lawnboy".

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

It is amusing to see the bewilderment of lawn boys when they are tasked with figuring out a solution of a drainage issue. Even plumbers know that water and other things flow down hill, payday is Friday and don't chew your fingernails.

7. DVS Hardscaper

Isn't anyone going to ask me what that guy is doing?!

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Nobody ask....he wants to tell so bad but he wants someone to ask.

9. shovelracer

You are trying to be a new wave company and are giving paid nap time on the belief that it increases productivity. I personally prefer to sleep in my skid steer. You could have at least provided some cardboard for him to lay on.

10. shovelracer

Do you use a sheep foot on the backfill?