1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

wall redo

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by copeblk, Aug 23, 2007.

1. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

not a option, have to dump every load so mulch would go too. the floor isn't the problem,i can set boulders in without hardly moving the truck it 's the tailgate, but we solved that by having 2 a good one and a boulder one ( bent to heck and hardly closes) just switch and go.

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

Nice wall, love the quarry stone. I remember building a wall out of 1 man quarry stone back in the early 90's, my boss at the time had an f350 with a 15' stake body. Drive to quarry in fishers, pick stone, toss stone on flat bed (trying not to get run over by the mining trucks) drive to canandaigua lake dump stone, repeat a million times. Very labor intensive but certainly has a timeless quality to it.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

I don't know your truck but on mine I can just remove the tailgate, dump and put it back on. Sounds like you may have learned a little too late though :)

Nice work too, I like.

4. dubblet125

dubblet125 LawnSite Member

Did i read that right, you only charged $1950 for 7 days of labor with 2 guys?

5. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I was thinking. I can work in a plant 5 day's a week and make that money. Ouch.