Wall vandles

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tailboardtech, Jun 15, 2012.

1. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

So here's the problem we have a keystone retaining wall the brats keep ripping the cap blocks off of we have glued them down multiple times and used several kinds of epoxy and they still manage to get them off it just takes a little longer. Does anyone have any ideas to keep them put other than razor wire and explosives?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Hire them and make em do it for a living.

3. tailboardtech

I wish it was that easy they riped one off 2 weeks ago and threw it through a car window :/
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

do a stakeout and catch em in the act
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Why should it be your problem, you built the wall and someone is vandalizing it! I mean it's the ho's problem now, right.

You could try modified thinset mortar if you really want to hold them in place
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

[​IMG]

shouldnt be your problem.... Hard to tell a loyal customer that though... My neighbor had a group of kids come 4 times and kick his yard decor down a while ago. He found this motion detector buzzer thing online cheap and installed it. He said he woke up many times after the raccoons were walking by..But finally he caught them. They spent 2 nights in jail and were good to go!

7. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

PL Premium works great will break the caps before the block

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Smear dog crap all over the blocks.

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

You musent be using the right adhesive. Or the block is wet when you're gluing it. Good glue is hard to get to break the bond. Usually the block will break before the glue bond. Are you using enough glue? We've glued caps where they'd have to be taken up the next morning and the caps have broken in the removal process.

My 16 yrs exp is telling me:

A) the block or cap is dirty and preventing glue from bonding
    B) your bead is too thin
    C) you're gluing wet block
    D) using crappy glue

Posted via Mobile Device

10. tailboardtech

The wall is actually owned by the county I work for full time I didn't build it and whoever built it must have been crosseyed. I have used the locktight landscape block glue I also used some stuff called Block-lok I got from York building supply the past 2 times we have glued them back on we power washed the blocks dues to the dirt on them and I came back the next day to glue them when they were good and dry and I have been using a large tube for every 3 blocks. I am thinking of just telling the powers to be to just let them rip them all off and forget about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device