Walla Walla Heads

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by spray-head-dave, Mar 9, 2004.

1. spray-head-dave

spray-head-dave LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys installed these types of head? The GPM seem so low on them you would have to run them for hours at a time.

2. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

I jusr received a sample and tried it out on my demo stand. It works pretty well but I wish that is was designed also for smaller coverage 6-10'

It still throws 20' which I would rather still go with standard rotors. And they are not cheap either. Once you get the riser and head your looking at the price of a PGP rotor

If your a contractor- You can order a sample on the www.mprotator.com website

3. aquamtic

One more thing! They only carry a 1 year warranty from Wala Wala

4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

That's kinda wierd...that's where I live...Walla Walla. I don't know anything about these heads though, sorry.

5. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

You're referring to the new "MP Rotator" nozzles made by "Walla Walla Sprinkler Company", which is a subsidiary of one of the big guys - Hunter, I think.

Anyway, yah. We use those all the time. Just installed another system last week using those. They're great, IMO.

Watering times are approximately double or maybe a little more. But why does that matter? They're cool as heck to look at too. Every client who we've installed them for just loves the way they look.

One of the best benefits to the MP Rotators is they have a nearly perfectly even precipitation rate when spaced properly.

They are designed for low-flow, low-pressure conditions. They work great when you want to put, say 12 heads on a zone but there wouldn't be enough flow to use 12 regular Rainbird 1800 heads and nozzles. It helps you fit just a few more heads into one zone and saves you from creating an additional zone.

One last thing - the MP Rotators aren't actually sprinkler "heads". They are just nozzles. They fit on Rainbird 1800 series heads (instead of the RB nozzle) and I believe Toro pop-up heads too.

We've had great success with them. Been installing them for 1.5 years now. Reliable so far too. Haven't seen one go out yet.

6. aquamtic

They do also fit onto a Hunter SRS Spray

7. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I use them in repairs where the homeowner has installed it and gone too far on the head spacing or placed too many heads on a line. They are great for that application. You just move a few heads a bit and change all the nozzles on the zone to the MP rotators and it overcomes the design problem.

8. thapco4

thapco4 LawnSite Member

I think the manufacturer is Neilson if I recall my discussion with Ewing guy the other day.

9. James234

James234 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Walla Walla Sprinkler Company is a subsidiary of Nelson Irrigation.

http://www.nelsonirrigation.com/

10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic