Walmart 2 cycle oil. Anyone use it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Jul 23, 2007.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I know some LCO's using it forever no problems. I've used a few gallons of it. No problems. It says marine 2 cycle on the front so I would not use it regularly. But today my buddy a big LCO shows me the on the back of the bottle it says can also be used on air cooled 2 cycle equipment (mowers, chainsaws, blowers etc). :confused:

2. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Thery actually have 2 cycle oil that is not produced for the marine application. We have used the 2cycle oil from wal mar for years. Its all pruduced the same place its all the same color.

3. ACA L&L

I think this will load

oil pic..jpg

4. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawnzilla2 is right. They don't make the stuff. I've used it for years, no problemo. :waving:

5. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

All 2 cycle oils are pretty much the same.

6. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using that 2 cycle for years. I buy it by the case of 100 every year. Last me until about the end of August. Then I just buy about 25 more. All motor oils/2 cycle oils are regulated by the government. I dont care if you buy it from you local lawn dealer or wal-mart the only difference is about 3-5 bucks.

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have used it also, for about 2.5 years, no problems yet. Thinking about using it in my snowmobiles this winter.

8. ACA L&L

And to think, at one point we all thought, or some still do until they read this, that The stihl/echo mix was something special that we needed for our $4oo blowers and weed eaters!

9. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I suspect they are the same oil w/ two different labels.

10. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been using it for about 2 years, and it works great. I run all redmax 2 cycle stuff. I just wish they sold it by the gallon or something larger than those little 8 ounce containers as pictured above by lawnzilla.