Walmart Accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Aug 18, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Anybody out there have a mowing account for Walmart? I might look into the one we have here for next year. I always hear they pay real well..................of course everything does.

2. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Homer, check your e-mail. I'll see if I can answer your questions, privately.

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We had a bad expeience with Wal-Mart. The store manager called us needing immediate service because some bigwig was coming through.

He told us what the previous service was paid, and that was what we should charge- $300.00 per cutting.

Realizing the previous service was not reliable at the $300 level I offered $400 and we were hired, under the assumption the service would be recurring.

After cutting we were paid cash and told we would not be needed anymore. We provided good service and in seven years have not been fired for sloppy work.

I suspect they reverted to their $300.00 service, but just needed someone right away before the bigwigs came through.

Had I known what would happen, I would have offered $500.00 per cut.

BOTTOM LINE: NO FAVORS FOR WAL-MART!!!

Ken

4. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

i checked at the one here and they wanted the same guy to clean the parking lots

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Our walmart has no grass!

6. Grapevine

Grapevine LawnSite Member

We've had a WalMart in our town for 2 years. In that time I think they've had at least 4 different LCOs, I wouldn't waste my time with them. Ps. this is going to sound stupid but what does LOL mean, I see you guys use it all the time and I can't figure it out.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

heck the one in albemarle pulls one of their mowers and mows every wk with it. if they dont have a return to use ive seenum use new ones and wash it off and put it back in line, after there thru. i got a mower for half price one time by showing the manager how used it was. one of the kids is still using it.

8. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

not much grass at ours if any just a lot of trash ,i'll pass.Grapevine i see that lol all the time i'm not sure but i think it's lot's of laugh,maybe somebody who uses it could tell us. Grapevine where you at ? i'm in Bourne,Ma

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

LOL= Laugh out loud. Means something was funny and caused you to laugh.

I saw another guy mowing our Walmart the other day and was wondering if they had let the last guy go or just re-did contracts.

I'm sure their about like all the rest. Looks good from the outside but things change when you get it.

10. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, no bad experiences with Wally-World. As a matter of fact it's my best account, but it's not a store it's a distribution center. The place is huge, the warehouse is almost a half-mile square. The people are great to get along with and the grounds maintenance pays very good, and they pay on time. I don't know about the stores, but I'm very satisfied maintaining this distribution center.