1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Walmart bidding-pricing help.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by RACERB, Mar 20, 2008.

RACERB LawnSite Member

Hello,I am bidding on 4 walmart stores,I am asking for help on the pricing,All stores want trash pick-up included the price. Store 1 2.1 acres= $? Store 2 1.6 acres= $? Store 3 0.2 acres= $? Store 4 4.1 acres= $? All the stores is wide open cutting ,AND TO BE CUT ONCE A MONTH.I appreciate all your help and advice this site has been a real help to me.Thank you.
  2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

ONCE A MONTH. Thats crazy! charge four times what you would normally charge for one cut and use a bush hog. Good luck with the trash, because Im sure it will be messy after a month of trash buildup, so charge a bunch for that.
    Example; 1st one is 2.1 acre = $60 normal cut x 4 = $240 + $45 trash pickup = $285
  3. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

LOTS of trash in the parking lot builds up in one month.

Noob manager there?

(oops... ditto above)
  4. caddman27

caddman27 LawnSite Member

I'd sub out the trash part unless you have a vacuum sweeper truck.
  5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

how bout you do the cutting once per month, but show up every week to do the trash part and some other maintenance to the property.

we include property upkeep in all our commercial bids.
  6. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

Yes for all of our commercial bids we also include a visit each week to the property...mowing or not. It helps to keep the place clean but also helps you to look good.
  7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

This sounds more like one of these nationwide landscape maintenance outfits mowing empty properties. They usually want before and after pictures and they don't want to pay anything. During the spring, once per month is worth MORE than 4 times the cutting.

RACERB LawnSite Member

the company is all legal,I was just looking to get a idea of pricing.I appreciate all info.thank you.
  9. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I didn't see anyone say it was ILLEGAL... did I miss something?
  10. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Those are no fun I somehow got on one of their lists and these bastards would call me every week. There offer was something to the tune of mow every 12" take before and after pics, send within 24 hours, and only get $25 for 1/4 acre. Then winter came and the day of the storm I would get another 2-3 calls a storm. Plow the driveway 2 car lengths, walkway to door, stairs, 75 feet of sidewalks, before and after pics, and for $35 up to 12". I would tell them no and they would keep calling back wanting to make an offer. I finally gave them my offer on a house like above and they got mad that I wanted 3 times their amount and on my terms. They never called back.