Walnut Tree

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TOMMY1115, Oct 19, 2005.

1. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know what I can spray on a walnut tree to stop it from producing walnuts? The bloody things fall into my pool, clog the drain, leave stains etc.
    If it weren't for the fact it's preventing my fence from ending up in the creek at the bottom of a nice steep hill, i'd cut the thing down.

Thx in advance.

2. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

FLOREL... i use it all the time on sweet gum and crabapple trees and it works GREAT! (check the lable for wallnut, should be ok) 2 trick's on using it: you need to get the tree when they first start to blossom, and you need to have the ability to spray (height) the entire tree. price about $40 gal, mixes about 3oz:gal. some times (depending on weather, you may get some discolloration, but it cames back in a few weeks.

3. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, Florel rocks. And it's alot cheaper than the other artificial growth regulators on the market. Timing is CRITICAL.

4. TOMMY1115

TOMMY1115 LawnSite Member

I thought about Florel earlier. I just looked at the Florel label and walnut trees are not on there.
    I'm gonna do a google search but any other suggestions.

Thx for the replies! :)

5. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

Walnut trees are the best for improving your short game. Use a 9 or wedge and spread the wealth to your neighbors lawn....:drinkup: