WAM Value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have searched everything and my dealer doesn't price such big mowers and I called his supplier and they said they would have to look at it or I have to bring it to them. That is a 4 hour trip.

What I have is a Toro 455-D. Relativily in good shape. Paint is great, no dents, a few tree branch scratches, Front tires are 50%, back are 75%. Diesel engine, mows great, 3500 hours, rops are off, but can re-install. 1998

2. meets1

I know there are few of you guys on this site with info about this mower. No one has an idea - must be like myself!

3. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to check out www.turfnet.com. Under the equipment section look at outfront mowers. There's usually at least a couple 455's along with AR-250's, 580-D's, etc...

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Meets -

If you can, look up MTI Distributing here in Minneapolis, MN. They're the big company that handles all the WAM's in this market.

To give your SOMETHING of an idea, when I picked up my Toro 4100 last fall, I called these guys. I asked them if $15k was a good price, they told me it was worth $17-24k, depending on the shape.

Now this one only has 321 hours at the time, so yours will be less. I'd say around $10k.

http://www.machinefinder.com//resul...=0&pageseq=733824&intRedir=1138372800.4199431 You'll have to do the conversion to get it to US dollars.

If you do a google search for used Toro 455, you'll see some others as well, about $7,500+ range.

5. meets1

Hey thanks for the info. Much needed. I will check there website right after I get off Lawnsite. Thanks again.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Meets -

Let me know if you talk with anyone about your WAM, or if you do end up selling it.

I just found out that the school I do now, I guess I asked for too much of a raise, because it's going back out for bid.

If I lose it, I might as well dump this WAM I bought last fall.

I'm just curious as to how much you got / get for yours.

Thanks.