Wand extensions

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by zz4guy, Jul 13, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys get the tall gables on houses?? I just got done with a house with a 20 foot gable. NOT fun standing on an exension ladder with a 2200 psi wand!

I got it done but it was a pain and tookk forever and wasn't safe. How do you guys attack the tall and/or hard to reach areas of a house?

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i am 6 feet tall with my arms stretched 8 feet with a 7 feet wand and extensions from 8 feet also.

3. Turf Terror

Turf Terror LawnSite Member

I just got a call today to do a landscape customer's pool enclosure. There was a lot of algae and mold on the white aluminum framing. I went to Northern Hardware and bought one of their extension poles. They come in 12', 18', and 24' lengths. I bought the 18'($119.00) and it worked great. The only problem was...after using it for two hours, I thought my shoulders were going to fall off.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

They have a belt with those that help,i have two bought em new never used em.

5. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

6. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

You're the man FCPWLLC! Read your post and checked out the youtube link. Did my first 2 story home today using a ball valve that I already had. The customer was very pleased! All stains, mold and mildew were gone. I simply used a heavy degreaser mixed with the Home Depot bleach. Applied with the ball valve that left a nice thick foam on the surface. Rinsed off after a 5-10 minute dwell time and it was a done deal! And to think, I left my extension wand end fitting at the house... didn't even need it!!!

7. FCPWLLC

FCPWLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Now I'm blushing. More than one way to skin a cat. Once you realize that detergents and low pressure are all that is needed, then you can be creative and versatile.

8. BabyJon

BabyJon LawnSite Member

OK pleeze could you explain the ball valve and down streamer to me I know what a Down streamer is But what does the ball valve do and where does it go

9. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

The ball valve is simply a valve with a handle that is coupled to your house. The way it worked for me is that I opened the valve full flow... noticed chemical discharge and throtlled down on the valve and got about a 15 second dishcharge of chemicals. The main reason for a ball valve is that you can switch applications (wand, surface cleaner etc.). But I now use it for the application as per video posted by the pressure washing guru FCPWLLC!

10. chefwong

chefwong LawnSite Member
    from NYC

A thread from the past.....

I take a standard ball valve on one end.

Use one of these with a tube to a bottle of chemical
    http://www.pressuretek.com/adamsinjector1.html

Turn the loader down to 85 PSI
    Spray and then rinse and grab some beers ;-) ??