Wand on Shurflo Elec backpack pooping out

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Guys,

I have used my Shurflo Elec backpack for a few seasons now, and have noticed that the plastic wand/cone nozzle is not functioning to my liking. The lever/valve is 'sticky', IOW, it does not always turn on flow reliably when I push the lever, nor does it instantly turn off flow when I let go of the lever.
    Undoubtedly a good cleaning would probably do it as the sticker I used has probably gummed it up. BUT, it is a cheap wand, should I just get a new one and if so what are good ones to get?

2. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Save the money WD-40

3. VARMIT COMMISSION

VARMIT COMMISSION LawnSite Senior Member

Rick down in Florida had some supplier once that he suggested for the replacement. All of mine are petered out too, I have to manually pull the trigger up, they suck, but the backpacks rock.

4. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

ric got his wand from TSC(tractor supply) do a search on srs600 for americanlawn he got some wands from another supplier...

5. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

I would lube first the new wand will fix it but you will get the same problem down the road. I wouldn't use WD40 it will only last 40 sec i would try some thing like fluid film. I lube my chem lawn gun and back pack wands a couple times a year.

Charles Cue

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic