1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wandering About Hustler Super Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMORRIS106, Jan 10, 2005.

1. BMORRIS106

BMORRIS106 LawnSite Member

Just Seeing If Anybody Uses This Mower And Is The Bagger Any Good.
  2. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 60inch. Its a great mower, TOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reccomend an ocdc. I also got an anti blowout baffle for leaves. I keep a grabber on the side and my peltors hooked to the handle and a drink in the drink holder sometimes. The spindle covers are crap. Mine are now gone after the bolts got striped and bungees did'nt work. Its easy to maintain. Its also comfortable. To lock the brakes just move the handles out.

If you keep sharp blades and especially if you use bobcat blades, you can cut REAL fast. It is a little rough in wet grass, but not bad compared to other mowers I've used.

I've run jd, scag, dixies, toros, and exmarks. It cuts as good as any of these. I would classify it as an excellent all around mower. The main thing that sold it to me is it is heavy duty and thats how I operate.

Another awesome characteristic is that it holds hills real well. I don't get that fast heartbeat that i've had with others that sit higher or have a thinner stance. I feel confident on it.
  3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

we have 2 bagging systems one an a regular z and one on a super z, they are awesome and worth their weight in gold.....
  4. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I demo'd a Hustler Z (not super Z) yesterday and I think I am completely sold on that machine. I demo'd a Toro immediately after the Hustler and to me the Hustler is much smoother with the hydro's, the Toro was overly sensitive and jerky. Just my .02
  5. BMORRIS106

BMORRIS106 LawnSite Member

thanks everybody for the advice on hustler super z.
    good luck to everybody in the new year
  6. AEW

AEW LawnSite Member

So far in my experiences you can not go wrong with Hustler equipment..all around awesome mowers. These other guys are serious with its heavy duty capabilities. I love my Hustler and want to marry it.