wanna be healthy? start a lawn service

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 9, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my friend, who's a little overweight, and has almost no muscle tone, and 3 chins, went to the doctor for a physical. doctor said he had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and was overweight. his advice....start a lawn service. he said his patients that work in the green industry, are the most physically and emotionally fit he has. I DIDN'T SAY IT, these are the doctors own words. what a job, make money and be healthy. god bless america

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, it's true... I have lost 15 lbs. already. I feel great.

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Bobby with the customers you post about you definatly won't be emotionally fit, I'd go crazy dealing with half of what you deal with!!!!:D

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Thats funny, Ive been in the lawn service for 6 years, I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and I take medication to control my :temperment: Also have a host of other health problems. My Dr. said I needed to exercise and I told him I walk at least 3 miles a day weeding and edging, was told I needed to walk more LOL oh well Im an exception to the rule.

5. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

You're right Bobby! My Doctor tells me to never quit. She say's it's the only thing keeping me alive!

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'm usually right.

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

The exercise is healthy...The chain smoking and heaving drinking that is nessesary to stay sane form this business might put you in a early grave though! :D

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, it's true. 4 out of 5 doctors surveyed, recommend fertilized grass for their patients who mow grass! :D

9. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

in jan i went to college weighing 147, towards the end of school i weighed in at 165-170 (i swam 4 days a week so i gained some muscle) (and fat:)) and then since ive been back working this summer i'm back down to 150. its the easiest diet ever. I hink i walk about 10 miles a day. I got a stepometer on monday so I'll try it out tomorrow.