Wanna expand my services..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by cessnasovereign, Apr 15, 2006.

1. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

Man what a day! And a couple good lessons learned too! Started out at 8 AM, pulled up about 14 bushed for $10 bucks a bush, easy 1 and 1/2 hour job. Then after a break, headed out to a customer's house to put up 7 sections of split rail fencing, I estimated 2 hours to dig, level and cement it all in, let it set overnight then two hours the next day to put in the rails and tack on the wire. $700 for that (Her price, but a good price!) and she was to pick up all the supplies.. Well, I mark my holes, then realize that she had all end pieces!! :hammerhead: So I told her I'd run to the store and get the right supplies.. TOOK ME 5 HOURS TO FIND THE SUPPLIES! EVERY damn store within a 30 miles radius was sold out of the matching split rail, finally found some around 6:00 then drove 45 minutes out to her house and got done around 8:30 PM. :dizzy: :sleeping:

So, tommoroow I'll be heading back to finish it, but I guess it wasn't a bad day after all.

Anyway, I want to be able to make nice flower beds and put in little fish ponds, but I have no idea what to charge!
    Say for a flower bed in the middle of a yard, maybe 15 feet long and 10 feet wide in kind of an oval shape, with a nice edge around the outside and just topsoil in it, say the customer will do the planting, what would you charge?