Wanna help me with a bid???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by LB Landscaping, May 24, 2005.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Got a call for an install the other day. House is brand new, no landscaping whatsoever. The lady has designed what she wants and where she wants it. Quite a bit of stuff I'm having a hard time with coming up with a quote. Here's whats required. Strip sod 60 X 4ft total along front and back of house for beds. 10 yds of loam to raise front bed. Plant the following;
    1 12ft lilac
    4 small Azaleas
    3 roses
    1 12ft juniper
    1 arbovitae 3ft
    2 Carol Mackie Daphines
    1 15ft crab apple
    1 10ft crab apple
    50 perenials (9 different varieties).
    The whole project is very accessible, any help would be appreciated.

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Have you got a pic of the site?Are you providing the planting materials?

3. LB Landscaping

from Maine

No pics, really flat land. I will be supplying all materials except for the plants, She bought them already.

4. sheshovel

For the info I have I would bid it at $2500.00labor only

5. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Thanks for the reply, Can you break it down for me??? That does not include materials correct?

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

If she is providing all of the planting materials your looking at 1 day with 2 people.
    Aprox 16 hours labor by my way of looking at it.

7. sheshovel

right but because he's gonna loose any money he would have made on the plants he's gotta make it back up on his labor,
    like I said I don't know all the variables involved but sounds like I might have been alittle high there on that last bid.
    You have to figure you are building two flowerbeds from the ground up,removing all the sod,hauling it away,
    putting on the 10 yards ofloam,tilling it in,grading the beds,planting all the material,and all that that may entail
    and cleaning up the site.
    It's hard to give an idea of a labor price not knowing how expeirenced you are at all these things,how fast you work,if you have help or not or what equipment you have available to use on it.

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I've done my share of this kind of work. Just wanted to see if my bid is fair. We work very efficient, only equipment will be wheelbarrows and shovels, she doesn't want a tractor running over her new lawn, can't blame her the ground is very soft here due to all the rain.

9. scraper69

scraper69 LawnSite Senior Member
    from mi

$2400 sound right to me.... Minimum * you cant make any mark uup on plant material, so charge accordingly.

10. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Thanks for the help guys. Went with $2750 to cover my butt on anything unforseen.