wanna know about bobcat mt52

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Lawrence Anthony, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Lawrence Anthony

Lawrence Anthony LawnSite Member

can anyone help me w/questions on this mini skid steer?Is it just for landscapers?Can I keep this machine running otherwise?Please help!

2. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

go to the tractor forum...there is a huge discussion on mini skids that should answer any and all questions you might have.

3. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

In my opinion there are better choices. I used the bob-cat yesterday to move about 15 yards of dirt. Got the job done so I cant talk bad about the machine, but I can say it was under powered and had me wanting more on more than one occasion. Like previosly said, look for that mini skid thread.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

id have to agree seeming i was there using it too. I can say one thing, it will take down a wooden fence no problem. :laugh: . Underpowered, but easy to use compared to our other option of renting the machine from HD. It did leave more to be desired on many occasions. I also spread about 8 yards (about) of dirt across the front yard, that it did very well it was very easy to maneuver and didn't leave any marks in the dirt. If I was to buy, i woud look at other machines first....

5. Lawrence Anthony

Yeah Im thinking Dingo.I talked with salesman today and he claims they are a couple thousand more than the 52.If thats the case I might buy used.Plan on taking forums advice and renting different machines before purchasing.

6. dallas05

dallas05 LawnSite Member

We Have A Dingo And Use It Everyday. The Thing About The Bcat Mskid Is If I'm Not Mistaken Is It Only Takes Bcat Attachments That Could Get Old.

7. Lawrence Anthony

Yeah I believe so.The money for that adapter could go toward another attachment.Im more worried about performance