wanna plant something?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Sep 3, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

as most of u know, i am now a full time gypsy, i mean, lawn boy. tell u what i did a few weeks back. sent letters to all my customers thanking them for thier loyalty and patronage. as a result of this, we are now expanding our business, if you have any friends, relatives, or nieghbors who may be interested in service, please feel free to refer us. also, remember, the upcoming months are a great time to take care of projects at your property, such as, aerating, seeding, la di da......is this begging? ill tell u what, i got a sh*tload of work as the result of this. planting trees and shrubbery, mulch, stonework, aerating, and like 6 people on my snow removal list. plus, a neighbor, and an aunt for new clients. and that was in august! sometimes, people dont know they need this or that, they dont know u do it, or they are afraid to ask. never assume. you want to make money? plant ideas!

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sounds like it was a good plan!
    Still thinking about going back to printing?:rolleyes: :p

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

You bet Bobby, Let my customers know that my slow season is the time to get things done. I.E. trimming back over grown trees, bushes and doing the beds. Not only does this get me thought the winter but it saves them a few bucks. Believe me when they look out in the spring and everything has to be done tomorrow the price goes way up, as I have 30 other procrastinators wanting the same thing

4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Bobby I am so very proud of you............:)

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

way 2 go

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

About once a year i send a letter telling all my customers about extra serveces we offer. see i told you that you had common sence.

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Good business strategy needs bumping......:)

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

printing is for punks! only steers and queers work in printshops, and in 20 yrs there, i have never seen a set of horns...

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I always tell customers about which time of the year is good for some stuff compared to others. I also only offer certain services during some months compared to others

10. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

See I told you Bobby could come up with a good idea if he really tried. lol
    Good job Bobby. Sounds like a page out of Guerilla marketing.