Wanna See How I Sent My Spring Break?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Mar 17, 2005.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

For those who dont know, I attend Michigan State University. My spring break was last week, but I dont think I spent mine the way most did. I spent the week finishing up a project I started this summer. I will post some pics of my work. :cool2:

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

any pics??

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

where are the pics? :)

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is what I started with. It's a 20 year old 36" John Deere WB. This is the mower I started with a few years ago. Believe it or not this mower still cuts better than most of the mowers I have ever used. It stripes well, cuts through thick wet grass with little or no clumps. It still has the original engine on it. It was one of my cousin's mowers that he used to use when he had a lawn service company. The first picture is taken after I had the whole deck and front casters off the mower. This isnt how the mower started out. I was originally planning on just replacing the spindles in it, but decided to paint it because I was waiting for parts to come in and I had pretty much the whole deck apart.

Before LEFT.jpg

5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

working on it.....

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is another before picture of the mower, discharge side.

Before RIGHT.jpg

7. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Another before pic...

Before BACK.jpg

8. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is a before picture of the deck. See why I decided to do more than just replace the spindles, all the parts were out of the way.

For those who are wondering why the heck is a John Deere Green, sadly my cousin previously painted it red to try and match his other dare I say Exmark. Well he didnt do a very good job, and over the years it looked really bad. It turned christmas colors after the red started flaking off. I have used and owned exmark mowers before and dont get me wrong they are good mowers, I just like the Deeres a little better.

Before FRONT DECK.jpg

9. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Here is a close up of the deck where the spindle goes, my original project:

Before SPINDLE HOLE.jpg

10. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

Last summer I painted the front half the mower, the caster arms, rims, and I gave the mower a little something extra. I also replaced the spindles and rebuilt the whole deck of the mower. All the bolts were replaced by STAINLESS STEEL bolts.

Here is a picture of the mower over spring break when I decided to paint the back half the mower. I took everything off but the engine. Sorry I didnt have time to wash the front before I took these pictures so they are a little dusty from the end of last season.

Before ON JACKS.jpg