1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Wanna Start fast

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by stainedrug, May 25, 2003.

1. CoachLinz

CoachLinz LawnSite Member

I'm up and running with a $4000 start up budget. I got everything I need including my truck within that budget. Just have to be resourceful and find quality used stuff as far as mower, truck, etc. I bought new trimmer and blower. And it's all good commercial stuff - Echo trimmer and Blower, Bobcat 48" w/b, etc. Just have to look around a bit. Good luck.

2. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I need to start looking around myself. I could use some better equipment, and should be able to save up $4000 by sometime next season. What kind of truck did you get?

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Stained, look for your states website. My state (PA) has a whole section on starting a business. Tells ya pretty much everything I needed to know.

Unfortunatley, I didn't think to look there until many months after I had already started (and had already asked tons of questions here) LOL!

Good luck.

4. Steve HTLC

Steve HTLC LawnSite Member

Hello Im steve, I just started as well, we just registerd with the town, and we are gathering equipment, good luck everybody, especially the newbies.