1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Want Messy Injury Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by texastonic, Sep 21, 2006.

1. texastonic

texastonic LawnSite Member

No i'm not psycho, i can't seem to get my crew to take safety seriously. I would like to use the classic drivers ed approach and show them pics of what really happens when you hit your foot with a blade going 17,000 fps. If anybody has any or knows where to find them that would be awesome!!
  2. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

Here is a picture of my leg back in june. Got in a hurry with a set of hedge trimmer's. Didn't get to deep but sure did hurt. Be Careful!

100_0958 (713 x 475).jpg
  3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

pretty pictures... Got anymore....
  4. Turf Terror

Turf Terror LawnSite Member

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

that last one doesnt look good with how many people are there do you know how bad he got hurt
  6. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

where's the foot !!!!!!!!!
  7. texastonic

texastonic LawnSite Member

man i don't know what happened to the foot
  8. rusty2

rusty2 LawnSite Member

No pics but this could work.

Tie a chicken wing to a piece of twine and tie that to a rake handle. Run over the wing with an engaged lawn mower. Disengage the mower or pull out the wing rapidly. You can imagine what the wing looks like. Relate this to a finger or toe. 5000rpm doesn't leave alot of reaction time.
    Hope it helps.

9. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

rotten.com might have some mowing injuries.
  10. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

rotten.com s.u.c.k.s. Nothing new in months. I have a few sites, but dont know if I can post them. They are sponsored by pron. They are also real gore alot of it.