Want to check price before I send estimate

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by cleancutccl, Feb 6, 2006.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't used a harley rake much so wanted to double check prices. Area is 9800 square feet, needs to be harley raked level and a couple of large rocks dug out ( 1-2 feet across). Seeded at 10 pounds per thousand with turf type fescue, then straw blown over area. There is a sprinkler in place that has to worked around. Rentals, 350 for bobcat with harley rake, 80.00 for straw blower. Materials, 20 bales of straw and 100 lbs grass seed. My price $1540.00. What do you think?

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

to low id be at about $2000-$2500 depending on access

3. cleancutccl

its wide open, commercial building

4. tugaloo

tugaloo LawnSite Member

CLark Lawn, are you saying price should be in the .20-.25cent per square foot range? Just curious:alien:
    When will the rain stop???????????

5. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i go anywhere from .15-.25 per sqf all depends on access and obstacles. he's got $800 between bobcat and material that leaves $740 for 2 guys for a day not to much profit left and thats going with no topsoil added or amendment to the soil that will lower your profit even more.

6. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

9800 sqft is really small i would say you are right on for having to rent

7. cleancutccl

I mailed bid today, for $1880.00 total. It is for a commercial site that I do total maintenance on for the last 2 years.

8. cleancutccl

I should also say that they had a bunch of drainage problems and had to have some major excavation work done, the seeding is not a fault of mine.