1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Want to go organic but I can't yet claim "Jedi Master" organic

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Exact Rototilling, Jan 20, 2008.

1. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

I think this might be just what the doctor ordered,
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

What a cool machine I want one, I don't know what I would do with it but I still want one, I'll bet there many revisions on that one to get it to work properly.
    I saw another one that is used in the west on golf courses to inject polyscharides (sp?) into the soil it had much thicker tine though

See you in Orlando
  3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, that would pretty much cover it. If only it cored as well. :cry:
  4. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

I see what you're saying...
    But I don't have access to de-chlorinated water at this very remotely located house.
    So if I go with a sprayable, it'll have to be applied out of a (new and clean) backpack sprayer; using some unspoiled cistern water I can get off of my barn. And using the back pack's a pain in the b*** as far as getting even coverage is concerened.

Are there a relatively cheap water de-chlorinator available on the market for this kind of purpose, that can be easily attached to a standard residential outside hose bib?
    If so...maybe I'll go that direction.
  5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Most pet stores carry very inexpensive dechlorinators in the aquarium section. Most use certain chemicals to reduce ammonia in the water from fish poop, just find a straight dechlor for your purpose.

Clean equipment should always be used when spraying biology. A lot of people use hydrogen peroxide for cleaning equipment, I would guess that chlorine bleach would work as well. I believe most people triple rinse after using a cleaner in their spray rigs. hopefully someone that has been spraying biology for a while will chime in with their practices

People use electric back pack sprayers all the way up to 3000 gallon hydroseeders to apply biology products
  6. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Try Vita-D-Chlor.

I don't know the cost though.
  7. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Or just get regular Vitamin C tablets.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i like that injector system but it wont fit in a lot of areas i do:confused:
  9. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

or add humates.
  10. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

I was always told if you aerate the water the chlorine will go out. I also spoke with a Dr that produces a good portion of mychorazae(sp?) for the country and he said chlorine has no effect because they use city water to grow the legumes and mychorazae. He said there is no study proving chorine kills the spores. I do a chit load of deep root injection and trust him in this. Im sure others have a different opinion on the topic. But i have to believe the big guy.