1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Want to kick arse!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Leon, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Leon

Leon LawnSite Member

So I have very good customer for whom I've done the pond maintenance for several years. Another contractor build this pond, his first!, and while artistically it is not too bad. But construction wise, sucks big time.

Short story: there is a big stream that goes into a pondless basin. All is good until the pump needs replacing. It took 2 of us 1 1/2 hours just to get the 10,000 gph pump out, not replaced. Just out! The _____ put all the connections in the very bottom of a 6 ft deep basin. He made everything as difficult and challenging as possible. Too bad I couldn't get him to replace it on his time, he might learn a lesson.
  2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a good example of the real pay-off on a job that is done by an inexperienced contractor. I hope that you got paid extra for it!
  3. Leon

Leon LawnSite Member

Yes, I am going to get paid extra. The total time for the pump replacement was about 10 manhours! 10 hours to replace a frickin pump!