Want to POWER WASH? - READ THIS 1st

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by jbmillion, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Great info as usual guys...I added PW to my lawn business 2 years ago and it has been a great add on service. This forum along with ptstate.com is a great place to learn.

2. Propowerwash

Propowerwash LawnSite Senior Member

3. MillerIn503

MillerIn503 LawnSite Member

Living in the Portland, OR area, there is a lot of emphasis on environmentally safe treatments. Using the roof and excessive moss and black algae as an example. Does anyone have any take on WashSafe Roof Wash or any other eco friendly chemistry and or is it just better to stick with the chemical solutions commonly used? Basically, is there an eco friendly wash detergent that can really do the job, without the worries of bleach streaking and such?

4. sosaysmorvant

sosaysmorvant LawnSite Member

What specific brands of chemicals and/or surfactants do the pros use on vinyl siding? I currently use regular jo-max and bleach to clean my home. Please advise.

5. CMBALB

CMBALB LawnSite Member

Do you have a suggestion for washing a wood shingle ocean front home that gets a weekly coating of grit and grease from the sea? I would like to be able to stand on the ground and wash it with a soapy water spray. The house is not stained, it just gets a bit greasy after a big storm. I have been using an orchard sprayer but it doesn't work very well.
    Thanks for reading this and any suggestions you might have. This island is only accessible by boat which makes hiring people to do various tasks a challenge.

6. Propowerwash

Nice Little Post

7. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Lawn and landscape guy here doing my homework to see if I can create pressure washing as an add on service. thanks for the info, and im doing my searching/reading now. Looking forward to more great info

Thanks.

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Yep I am confused. I assume you are using chemicals for the cleaning rather than pressure? Why do you need the pressure washer at all if you are using only 100psi?? Can't you just use the hose with a sprayer?

9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

after watching 6 videos i am sold.

10. Propowerwash