1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

want to sell wholesale mulch

Discussion in 'Nurseries and Growers' started by bobcat1, Dec 22, 2007.

1. bobcat1

bobcat1 LawnSite Member

looking to sell bulk mulch, any info on starting this buiss. would be great.

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

3. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

lol he said he wanted to buy mulch not make/ dye mulch

look in the yelow pages or do a search on the net i am sure you will able to find a local wholesaler near ya. here in Va i can buy a a 53 ft trailer load for $1,200

4. bobcat1

bobcat1 LawnSite Member

thanks. apparently i was not clear. But glad to know someone had understood me. thanks for the info.

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

My mistake Sorry, I automaticly asumed you were intrested in also makeing it. That equipment looks very expensive.

6. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

where in Va are ya ? and who do you get it from ? and how many yrds. is that ?

7. mowing grass 1111

i am in Staunton about 90-100 miles from on I 81 . i can't remember how many yards the trailer hold , the yard has loaders which the claim are 2 1/4 yard buckets but when i get one scoop from the it is usally 7-8 yards.
    i think the trailer holds about 20 of those buckets, the yard is called blue ridge lumber ........there is a place a little closer to you in Buena Vista i believe its a paper mill and they have better mulch than blue ridge

8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

one scoop 7 to 8 yrds ? that must be one hell of a bucket !!! I think
    what they deliver here is about 80 yrds for about $1200. a trailer load but I will check on that later this week

9. mowing grass 1111

big enough to pick up a mid size car ... 1 scoop will fill up my 12x6 trailer with mulch running off the sides