Want to test a GD Super Sufer???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfmagazine, Feb 2, 2005.

1. turfmagazine

turfmagazine LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Jim @ TURF magazine here.

Now I'm looking for an experienced cutter in the Charlotte, NC area to do a field test of a Great Dane Super Sufer (for publication in the magazine).

It's not difficult. The dealer is in Monroe. You use it on the job for a couple of weeks and either (1) write a review of what you did and how the unit performed or (2) I'll send you a form to fill out and my editors will turn your answers into the field test. We pay for field tests. Any takers?

(Oh, by the way, if you don't have a free subscription to TURF, would you please sign up at our web site? The button is at the top of the lawnsite page. I'm really trying to increase the number of LCOs we reach. Thanks)

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Jim,

I know this post is for down south but if you ever need an experienced cutter in New England, please let me know.

Thanks,

3. turfmagazine

from Vermont

When spring finally gets here, I'll have several. I'll keep ya posted.

We're in northern Vermont ... and there sure isn't any grass to cut here ... won't be until May.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

too bad that isnt in OH Jim, id run it head to head with my stander. let me know if you wana do something of that sort

5. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Jim,

Let me know if anything comes up for Ohio regarding the new generation of Super Surfers. We now run a SS and Chariot along with some Scags. Could do an article on the improvements to the SS over our version if there are any. Since JD bought GD all I've had are problems getting parts. I think that JD will close out GD since they now have their very own green SS.

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Jim, I bought the JD 667 Quik-Trak. They are very similar in design. If you dont find anyone, you can always use me and my Quik-Trak. I posted a thread on here about my stander that gathered some attention for a while. Let me know. JD 667 Quik Trak

Any supporters of me doing a field test for Turf mag and my Quik Trak?

7. turfmagazine

from Vermont

I've started a list of folks from various places when field tests come up. The reason this one has to be in the Charlotte, NC area is become Great Dane really wants this particular dealership to be involved because they're good at organizing things.

Any takers in the Charlotte area?

8. mowahman

mowahman LawnSite Member

Hi Jim,
    If you're looking for a test pilot for anything, gimme a shout. I'm in Central NH., and work residential, commercial, and municipal. Also do field mowing with my tractor and rear mower.

9. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Monroe has exploded like Mooresville in the last couple of years. You shouldn't have any trouble finding someone.

10. turfmagazine

from Vermont

Maybe Monroe exploded and there aren't any active LCOs in the area? I'll check in Monday ... if no one on lawnsite is in the Charlotte, NC area to do this Great Dane Super Surfer field test ... I'll contact the company and have them find another dealer who will cooperate.

Meantime ... you have a field test report on your own equipment? Bring it on. Just email it to me jkendrick@turfmagazine.com

That would be great!