Wanted - 32" and 48" WB in Houston

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Busa_bill, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

I never see for sale posts in Houston. How bout it, any good units for sale in the bayou city?

2. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

What exactly are you looking for? Belt drive or hydro fixed or floating? Any brand preference? Ballpark price?

3. Busa_bill

Fixed deck - 32" belt, 48" hydro. Scag, Deere, Exmark, Lesco, etc. Price depends on condition and hours, but say $1000 for the 32" and $2000 for the 48".

4. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Hi, hope you find what you are looking for. If you hear of a gear driven 48 you dont want, please pass me the info.It is odd there is never any equipment for sale around here isnt it?

5. Busa_bill

Will do on the 48"

I think all of the equipment passes from LCO to LCO without ever being posted for sale anywhere. Found a great deal on a trailer this weekend sitting in someone's front yard. Oh yes - it shall be painted green. :weightlifter:

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I think this is probably true !!

7. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Also dont forget to keep an eye on Craigslist,no telling what you can find on there.

8. Busa_bill

I look at Craigslist everyday. Have also resorted to looking at Dallas area listings
    where it seems there is approx. 10x the resale activity. For the life of me, I can't figure out why there would be such a variance in equipment exchange between two metropolitan areas separated by just 200 miles.

9. Morningside

Morningside LawnSite Member

i have a 48" toro fixed deck walk behind in dallas. its brand new, 2007. its a little more money than you might want to spend. i paid 3300 for it new and i have for sale for 2500, 900 off retail with less than twenty hours. great machine. let me know if your interested.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This sounds like the one deal that you don't want to miss out on ... call him !!