Wanted!!! Air compressor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CANADIAN MIKE, Mar 4, 2009.

1. CANADIAN MIKE

CANADIAN MIKE LawnSite Member

Hi, I'm looking for a diesel/gas air compressor. Anyone have one for sale? If not, any ideas where I can get one? Thanks!:canadaflag:

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I bought mine from a rental outlet. Be prepared to have some work done; they don't maintain them that well. If you can find a 125cfm tow-behind with variable psi adjustment, so much the better. Unless you're doing big sites, a diesel 190 is not worth it.

3. CANADIAN MIKE

CANADIAN MIKE LawnSite Member

I usually rent a 185 CFM and I find I can blow out 6 zones at a time. Rental outlets around here want outrageous prices for used equipment. Looking to go buy one in the USA:)

4. Mike Leary

I always thought it would be cool to have a skid-mounted compressor that slid into the back of one of our flatbeds; saves the fun of backing up a tow-behind. :dizzy:

5. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Mike Leary

I'd have a talk with your accountant; if your cash flow is sufficient, it may be better to buy a fresh one if you plan to stay in business.http://grimmerschmidt.com

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Only takes about an hr to pull the fenders chasis and drop em on in. This yr was the first yr i didnt bother doing it.

8. Mike Leary

Piker.....

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

10. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member