WANTED: Box truck for business

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Moyer Lawns, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Moyer Lawns

Moyer Lawns LawnSite Member

Looking for a used box truck with at least a 16ft bed....Something like a old UHaul truck would be great. Anyone know any sites for used commercial trucks? If it was in Indiana it would be even better.

2. Forever Green Lawn

Forever Green Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

There is a U-Haul Truck dealer in Schererville, IN that sells off-rental trucks. I own 2 and have had little problems with either.
    Scott

3. Moyer Lawns

Moyer Lawns LawnSite Member

I'm in the Terre Haute area. Do you have contact info for him? Can you get two Choppers in them? Also, what kind of price range?

4. Forever Green Lawn

We have 2 of the E350 diesel versons. You should be able to get to choppers in one. I'll measure the box Monday and I have contact info at my office. I paid $4500.00 for one and $3000.00 for another w/ a bad trans. If you do decide to buy one, pick one that has had a lot of parts replaced. The one I got w/ the bad trans had a new injection pump and new injectors. Overall, they're not bad trucks. You will probably need to have all the fluids changed, new glow plugs, diesel tune up, belts, brakes, etc. You will have to put about $1500-$2000 into one, but you will have a decent truck. We did this with the 2 I own and have had little problems with them. The only thing that went bad on both was the fule tank sending unit and I had to replace 1 injection pump that was origional from '89. Sure beats 25K for a new truck.
    Scott

5. green_mark

green_mark LawnSite Senior Member

6. Forever Green Lawn

Here is the number:
    Rob Osterman U-Haul Truck sales 219 864-7150

7. pushmower

pushmower LawnSite Member

Moyer pm me I have a box truck I am selling. It is set up and ready to go. I will send you pics or you can look it up it is under 14ft box truck in the marketplace.