WANTED commercial 21 (toro/exmark)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by lil_cote_93, Jun 2, 2008.

1. lil_cote_93

lil_cote_93 LawnSite Member
    from ON

Im looking to purchase a used commercial 21
    id also like it to be exmark, or toro, but feel free to post any commercial 21
    im easy.. post up pics and a price and let me know
    preferably in michigan or the michigan area.
    looking to spend 400 ISH

2. lil_cote_93

from ON

nothin? .

3. lil_cote_93

from ON

bumppppppp!

4. lil_cote_93

from ON

wow everyone keeps theres forever it seems
    how much do commercial toros go for at dealers?

5. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

$700 or so I believe. I would like to find a used one also.

6. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

Actually they go for $1000 to 1400, depending on what motor and if it has a blade brake clutch. I have 3 toro's and 1 exmark. 1 is over 5 years old and still runs fine.

7. Hortus

Hortus LawnSite Member

Correct, decided to bite the bullet and purchase new yesterday after 2 weeks of research and looking for used. The best price in my locale with one in stock to look at, was the 21" Toro Proline(6 HP Kaw KAI $1357) and the Honda HRC216K3HXA Hydro(5.5 HP GXV160 $1070). Although the Toro provided ~20# less weight, a full gallon for fuel(with the Kaw, .53 if equipped with the GXV Honda) and an aluminum deck, I went with the Honda. The only time I regretted not getting the Toro was when I had to lift the mower out of my pickup, when I got home. :rolleyes:

I'll take this moment to thank you all for the posts logged on the subject , as they provided some great review/information to help in my research. Appreciate it!!

8. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

Personally I feel the longer handle of the Honda makes for more time turning. The short handle on the toro makes for a tighter turning radius. I can mow with the toro completely with one hand. The belt drive of the toro is unbeatable as well. But good luck on the Honda though!

9. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys are right about the $1000+ prices. I was looking at the upscale residential series and not the commercial when I thought it was 700.

Man those are expensive! I guess I will just stick with my encore walkbehind.... ;)

10. lil_cote_93

from ON

its hard to buy a $ 1300 21'' mower.
    I mean im just using it for some lawns...
    i might just have to go with the non commercial one...