Wanted: Dark Green Turf

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Mindless, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Live in Northern VA...1/3rd acre Tall Fescue...cut to 3 1/2 inch length...20 degree slope...irrigation system...Southern exposure...full sun from dawn to dusk. Lawn is thick and almost weed free however, lawn can't seem to achieve dark green color. Applied granular Ironite about two weeks ago and have had a couple of good rain events since application. How long for Ironite to kick in? Any suggestions for yielding dark green turf? Thanks.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Patience, you're going to have to cut off all the light green grass before the Ironite affected dark green grass will be visible.

3. blaze347

blaze347 LawnSite Member

Do you know the variety of the fescue?

4. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Front lawn is Rebel Supreme. Back lawn is Watersaver w/RTF by Barenburg.

5. jsmonroeCT

jsmonroeCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

When, and if, you overseed this fall, use a Kentucky Bluegrass. A very dark color and it will add another vcariety to your lawn. I have a mix of fesue and perenial rye and will overseed this fall with KB.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Get Fert with 5% Iron. Lesco is what i use.
    John

797reas.jpg

7. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

john how many planes you have try to land there or how many people thought that was the baseball diamond on accident?

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Funny you said plains! I have them fly over the house:confused: Do you think its the lawn??LOLOL
    John

9. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i am not sure it mite be they might have your house as like a land mark on your left is johns house and people are takeing pictures you never know