1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Grasshopper Dozer/Snow Blade

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by philweid, Jan 6, 2007.

1. philweid

philweid LawnSite Member

Hello, and thanks for looking. I am in the process of looking for a 48 inch Grasshopper ztr mower dozer/snowblade. It has been difficult for me to locate one so far, and I understand that many people enjoy theirs and do not want to sell. I understand that you can go out and buy a brand new one for $600.00 ?????, but my business does not justify spending that much for just pushing snow in the winter. If you have any comments or suggestions or know someone who wants to sell and lives in MID-MISSOURI, please contact me.Thanks Again!!
  2. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

Check Ebay. I see the Grasshoppers and Woods(grasshopper clone) machines for sale all the time. I recently acuired a cab and blower for my Woods machine. Cant wait to try it out.
  3. philweid

philweid LawnSite Member

I chech ebay regularly, but can rarely find snowblades for a grasshopper, especially in my area. THANKS!!
  4. oakes57

oakes57 LawnSite Member

I have one in Topeka, KS barely used for $400
  5. jpiwowar

jpiwowar LawnSite Member

Spend the money, you'll have it forever. The dozer blade is the cheapest attachment, and it does the most for your dollar.
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I had a 48" blade. The problem is your mower is about 48"'s wide. I sold the 48 and I now have a 60"wide blade. This size is much better.