Wanted Information @ Exmark Z HP 52 ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apexlawn03, Feb 19, 2006.

1. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

Looking for estimated fuel usage? Has anyone upgraded to the better seat? Looking at a new left over 2005.

2. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I run Lazer EFI's so I can't help you with the fuel estimates. I can give you my opinion about the seats. The standard seat on Lazers can get pretty uncomfortable after a while. They sell what they call the custom ride suspension kit that bolts under the standard seat. Definitely an improvement. The full suspension seat is around $500. My beef about this is that Exmark gives you no credit for the standard seat if you upgrade to the suspension seat. I bought a Lazer some years ago with the regular seat and would not give Exmark another $500 so I bought an aftermarket seat for around $325 and it turned out to be the same as the Exmark seat but black in color. These seats are still out there if you want that option, otherwise go for the suspension kit at around $179.00

3. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I love the seat on my 05 xs, it is the one you are talking about, very comfy. The old suspension seats like on my 03 XP deisel are not worth the extra $$$ though.
    As far as fuel consumption, I don't know. I wouldn't really worry about that.

4. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2005 HP and my fuel last yer was at 1.25 gal. per hr for the year. Hope that helps ypou a little. That was from spring cleanup through fall cleanup.

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I know putting a premium seat standard on ZTR's would make their price go up, but I think it should be standard. I think most of us want the better ride and comfort levels. If I bought an Exmark, which are somewhat higher priced as it is, I would want the suspension seat to be included with no addition cost. No way would I pay an extra $500 for a seat that I feel should be on the machine from the factory. JMO.

Lazer 46 - You bring up a good point that you don't get any credit for the old seat if you upgrade, that's crap. Because you know they turn around and probably sell the old seat and make money on that too.

6. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

I just asked a friendly competitor about the savings of EFI on his Lazer z.I have
    a 3 year old standard gas engine.EFI will save some fuel,but he said the only
    real reason to buy EFI is for bagging-fuel savings are minimal.Heavy cutting does not pull down rpms as much,hence a better bagging machine