1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Mower seat

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Josh.S, May 31, 2008.

1. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

My seat is broken for my Dixie Chopper Flatlander. It is rusted out and my mechanic has still not gotten a chance to weld it. I just figured I would pick up another seat if I could find one at a decent price. It doesn't have to be a DC seat, I actually want some type of suspension seat or something softer than the OEM one. Although I would pick up an OEM seat at the right price.

As far as I know they all are the same mounting wise, so PM me or reply to this thread if you've got anything or have any questions.

- Josh
  2. hickslawns

hickslawns LawnSite Member

Check out the J Thomas website. We bought a seat from them for approx half cost of DC seat. Just as comfy in my opinion.
  3. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the website Phil, but from what I'm seeing I still can't get one for less than $330 plus shipping and taxes.

Come on, somebody has got to have a seat! ;)
  4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Call your dealer, most likely they will have a takeoff seat from a Coatsville Classic. If not, their territory manager can find a dealer who has one. It wouldn't be the deluxe seat, but it would fit nicely.