1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Wanted perma green

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JRSlawn, Oct 31, 2004.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

2. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

They sell used ones on there website i think?
  3. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Dont get one JRSlawn. The PG's are too slow and aren't that well built. I love mine when I first got it but it didn't take long before I start having problems with the PG. That's why I got rid of mine when the problems started.
  4. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I got a older centri model for sale, low hrs, I will email you, what part of the country are you in. I will take a few photos and post them here
  5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

What type of problems did you have with your tennisippi
  6. tennissippi

tennissippi LawnSite Member
    from zone 7b

Well for starters the brake is worthless, the pump won't keep it's prime, the damn thing won't shift into gear properly, parts began to rust even though I cleaned all the fert. and chemical off of it each day, and the lock screws kept coming off the handle despite how many times I tightened them down. Those were just a few of the mechanical problems that I began to notice with mine. I'm just glad I got rid of it bofore things got worse. I have heard more horror stories from some of these guys on this site, which I didn't believe at first. Good luck with a PG if you get one.
  7. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

If you see mine on the Permagreen website for sale........ignore it......I bought it with the intentions of selling it but got used to it and wouldn't sell it for nothing now.
  8. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Permagreen Centri would be your best bet for your first ride on. Very easy to work on and maintain, and the best hopper of all models they have made.
    The brake has a small allen screw at the brake handle that you adjust every 20 hours or so.....takes about 60 seconds to adjust, and after 100 or so hours or when you no longer have any adjustment at the brake handle you back allen screw out all the way and adjust the cylinders at the back wheels until you have slight brake drag, and you use allen adjustment to fine tune for another 100 or so hours. I get over 300 hours before I have to change the brake bands and they are easy and cheap to replace.....This brake system works very well if you just maintain it as the manual states.
    As far as the gearshift not shifting well.....the idle is probably set too high and the clutch is engaging and making it very hard to shift. Adjust idle to spec when engine is warm....not cold, and that should take care of the shift problem. The pump can lose it's prime if you run out of spray in tank and you now have an air gap between suction hose and the pump...simply shut off nozzles and with engine running put on pump switch and open the valve that you use to fill the hand spot sprayer on the side of the hopper....should pump in 1 or 2 seconds, then close fill valve and pump primed and ready to go. This will take you less than 30 seconds to fix and not a big deal....Fear Not. If any lock screws come loose during the year, simply replace them with new ones as the nylock nuts are only work well when new. If you have any other questions about the centri.......let me know. I love mine. $$$$$$$$

Pete D
  9. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I love mine too heritage!!! I was thinking about an Ultra, till my friend bought one. I don't like the way the Lesco hopper throws fert, and the foot brake on the sulky isn't near as nice as the Centri's handlebar brake. I'll stick with my Centri.
  10. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Bought an ultra and returned it after 1 day (5.5 Hours of use)
    After having a centuri, I was spoiled. If you never had a centri, and started out with a ultra....your are probebly happy. If you can find a centri in good working order to try......You would understand why I returned the ultra.

Pete D.