****** wanted to 4 wheel with 2" of rain falling

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PatiosInstalled, Feb 13, 2008.

1. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

ok so im in the shop waxing my boat and i get a phone call from my buddy. he says that a friend of his friend is stuck down at the canal and they wanted to know if i could come pull them out. i often get these calls since i have a 04 powerstroke thats lifted and sitting on 35's. i figured sure why not i have nothing to do and i too have been in situations before that friends of friends have come to help. the latest was when i was stuck 5 miles out in the bay on my boat and the starter took a ****. anyway we get to the canal and this dudes truck slid off the trail into a pond. i try to drive down the trail but i too start to slide so i backed off the trail. we tried every thing to get his truck out on its own but it couldn't. my buddy called another guy with a dully cummins once he got there two kids came walking up the trail saying that they too where stuck around the corner so the cummins trys to drive down a much wider trail and frames out in a puddle. i was able to pull the cummins out and the guys that where stuck around the corner eventually got them selves out. we then focused back on the truck in the pond and by this time we had a come a long on hand, we tried that with minimal progress so our last attempt was to connect all of our tow lines to a total length of around 150' and pull this truck up and out. it moved up onto the trail only to have a tree block any more movement. after 4.5 hours of trying to free this truck there was nothing more we could do with as wet as the trails where so we had to leave there. in the end my powerstroke was the only truck not to get stuck out of 5 trucks in that area. enjoy the pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Will keep an eye.

03.jpg

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Theres so much wrong there I dont know where to start.

4. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

Reminds me of the good old days. now that I am older I would have to get pretty drunk to beat on my truck like that. BTW what the h*ll is plywood going to do?

5. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

oh it was a nightmare

as for the plywood he had it in the bed of his truck so we tried to get it under the tires to prevent the trires from digging in more.
    luckly i didnt have to use my truck for anymore then pulling the cummins out.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

It doesn't look like ANY of those trucks were equipped with the right tires for THOSE conditions.

534.jpg

baja_claw.jpg

7. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

that looks pretty sweet actually. i've never been muddin before

8. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

When I was younger I got my truck stuck in a gravel pit trespassing, truck would not pull it out. I went and talked to my dad's buddy who had a brand new Case 721B end loader he let me and a buddy Drive it down the highway 10 miles to sneak back in and get the truck out! man I wish I was young again.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

For starters the Chevy looks like it has bald tires or near bald tires and why somebody would take a dually truck mudding. That Dodge if its a Cummins it is so heavy it will sink like the Titanic :dizzy:

10. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

The dodge sank cause of that big ugly smoke stack causing excessive down force. Man those things are ridiculous.