Wanted: Used Toro Dingo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Brian M, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Brian M

Brian M LawnSite Member
    from CT

I'm looking for a used Toro Dingo TX425 or a TX525, I'm located in Connecticut and I'm hoping to find one somewhere in the NorthEast area, I don't want to drive cross-country to pick it up!!!
    If you have one for sale, please send me a private message and a picture of it would be great too!
    Thanks,
    Brian
    :usflag:

2. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

heres my 2 cents... when we bought our dingo we got a killer financing deal.. you should just check out what the current finance deal might be, could be worth it to buy new...

3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried any other brands then TORO? I have used the Ditch Witch and love it compared to the Toro Dingo. It is so much easier to run then the dingo. Just a thought.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

5. Brian M

Brian M LawnSite Member
    from CT

Thanks Picasso Services,
    I never heard of that website, was checking equipment trader and they didn't have much.

Keystone, still waiting to hear back from you regarding the pm you sent me.

6. mac1135

mac1135 LawnSite Member

Brian,
    Call 203-263-5158

7. Brian M

Brian M LawnSite Member
    from CT

Thanks for the replies,
    I picked up my new Dingo TX525W yesterday!
    I went with the standard bucket with the tooth bar, it digs better than the ASV RC30 which I've rented several times, I was very surprised!!!
    On a negative note, the platform (Sulky) that Toro offers for the Dingo is terrible (in my opinion), it comes in contact with the ground way to often, and digs in when going in reverse.
    I don't think I can get used to that, seems to me there is a design flaw here.
    Anyone know if the Forkster StepUp platform for the Dingo has the same problem?
    I'm thinking of bringing it back to the dealer for a refund!

8. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Brian - the ditch witch platform is 10" from the ground and closer to the machine. what is the dingo's?

9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Looked up the dingo height from ground on their platform...it is 5" and hangs out quite a bit further than the ditch witch.........

10. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

congrats on the new machine. pics of it working are definitly in order at this point.
    good luck,