Wanted: Zero Turn Mower, Need advice!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jkuelper, Mar 30, 2006.

1. jkuelper

jkuelper LawnSite Member
    from Rio,IL

I am looking to buy a zero turn mower. I am looking for something in the small commercial range. Would like a 48-54 inch deck with hp of at least 18. Am considering all brands. Have some demo Bush Hogs that I am considering. They are ES2052 with 20 hp Kohler and 52 inch deck. They have hours ranging from 4-41 with price from $3300-4300. Sounds like a good deal to me, but am not too familar with Bush Hog. Can anyone help.m Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

First off, what is your budget? Do you know what your local dealers carry? Are you looking at new or used equipment?

3. jkuelper

jkuelper LawnSite Member
    from Rio,IL

First of all, thanks for the reply. My budget is up to about $5000. I have dealers close for Deere, Bush Hog, Country Clipper, Simplicity, Toro, Exmark, Bad Boy, Dixon, and Grasshopper. I would consider either new or used equipment. Right now, the Bush Hog ES2052 demo unit with 15 hrs for $3900 seems like the best bang for the buck. It is considered a residential unit, but looks to be built like most commercial units. Once again, thanks everyone for the help in my search.

4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

If it is possible get exmark!!! Just my opinion becasue they are a great mower!

5. gengerer

gengerer LawnSite Member

Just check and compare: Warranty, Spindle size, rear tire size, optional seating, gauge steel of deck, deck lift and quality reputation. Do not listen to someones opinion. Ask them if they have had problems with their brand. I think Bush Hog would come out high on your survey plus the price is very good. Bush Hog does not spend the advertisement money like others therefore not well know to many. Zero turn mowers is not their only quality product.