Wanting to know information on Homesteader trailers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by BILLY DAWG, May 21, 2008.

1. BILLY DAWG

BILLY DAWG LawnSite Member

Iam looking at a 6'8"x12' dump trailer. Iam not familier with this brand. I do know they are made in tennasee. I want to know any feed back good or bad about these trailers. Iam thinking about buying one. Thanks Bill

2. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a 16' x 7 V nose Hercules landscape trailer and can tell you they are well made, one of the better ones out there for the price, I am not familiar with the dump but you can be sure its well made. Let us know how you like it.

3. Chuckie481

Chuckie481 LawnSite Member

I have a 6x12 enclosed but not a dump trailer. I have had it for a year and it has lots of rust appearing on the frame. I wish they would have used a better/thicker paint. Now, I have to do something to get rid of the rust spots.This is my only complaint and it tracks very well and is built very good

Chuckie

4. BILLY DAWG

BILLY DAWG LawnSite Member

Hey thanks guys for all of the info. I went to look at the trailer it was new and had lots of rust on it. I passed up on the deal. They wanted 6100.00 plus tax which i thought was a fair price but not with a bunch of rust. Iam going to look at a moritz this weekend they are made in mansfield ohio I will see if they are any better.