wanting to learn how to instal irrigation systems

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Green Side Lawn Care, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Green Side Lawn Care

Green Side Lawn Care LawnSite Member

is there any good books or videos on installing irrigation systems or if anybody is close to central illinois i would hire you to do my yard and then teach me why you do it?

2. Rotar came to Texas and took a course. He lives in Cape Cod.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

4. I was convinced that was going to be the badger song. You let me down.

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

He asked nicely.

6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of the guys on here learned their trade the hard way, by working for someone else and then making and learning from mistakes in their own businesses. I wouldn't look for a lot of help in terms of learning irrigation the "easy" way. If you are mechanically inclined and have a good basic understanding of hydraulics (related to water flow and pressure, not heavy equipment), you could probably successfully install your own system and learn from that. I do few repairs here and there for my own maintenance customers and have learned a ton from that, but I would not jump into doing system installs and major repairs without having a lot of experience working in the trade as well as the proper licensing.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

dude go see Ben Fisher in Texas..Even though you dont need to pass the Texas Contractors test, his course has much value...

8. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

Doesn't illinois still have the law in place that makes the irrigaiton system part of the domestic system? last i heard (about 2 yrs ago now) that you couldn't install systems unless you were a licensed master or working directly under one.