war, bad for biz??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, Mar 20, 2003.

?

Now the war is in full effect, do you think it is going to be bad for business?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. no

25 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. not sure

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Now that the war is in full effect, do you think it is going to be bad for business??

2. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

The only way it would hurt the business is if it hit Home... That's my opinion!! :(

Lou :cool:

3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Yesterday I picked up a commercial account for a restaurant owner, and today I picked up a turf maint. & shrub (dormant oil) job which might also include mowing. I also had another person tell me they want me to estimate an aeration job for them & I had two more "come out and look at my property" invitations.

Believe it or not the other half of just about every one of my conversations with these folks centered around the war.

4. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

God bless America and our troops. Our service members keep us safe at home and able to do what we love.

5. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

The grass is going to keep growing while all of our soldiers are away. So it may actually be a boost in buisness. There are a lot of reservists and national gaurds folks in my area. Many of them have been called up and are now reciving less than 40% of thier current pay. I have been kicking around the idea of offer discounted servcies for thier families. I am mowing a close firends yard for him while he is away.

Ron

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Naw. My biz hasn't slowed, its been increasing. Only way it would hurt my biz is if I got recalled. This time I get to just watch. Kinda sad, some people get all the fun.

Before anyone tries to blast me for the last statement, you must remember these guys train constantly for this time. They want to test their skills.

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Ive gotten alot of calls in the past couple weeks as I live in a huge military town! Im taking care of a few acounts for a friend who had to ship out , but when he gets I will give them back to him .