Waranty

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ealbertson, Mar 8, 2002.

1. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

Will any eXmark dealer do in waranty work on my equipment? I am looking at buying a Lazer Z in another city. The deal is much better than offered by my local dealer. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Ed,

This is a good question that often comes up. The simple answer is yes; any Exmark dealer can perform warranty and service on your Exmark equipment. The more accurate answer is buy from the guy you want to service your equipment. A dealer is much more likely to go the extra mile for a customer who bought from him if a warranty issue is not clear. A dealer is also much more likely to put his customers first in line for service when he or she has a down unit. What it really comes down to is your going to get what you pay for. If you save $800on any tool that helps you earn an income but it sits for a day, or two or a week when something breaks how much did you really save. Now if you've got to drive 60 miles each direction to the dealer you bought it from and you have a couple of failures, no matter how small how much did you really save.

This is just an observation but most dealers are a lot like landscapers. In some cases (not all) the guy who treats his customer best, goes the extra mile and does the best work will charge more than the guy who is not as professional and does not perform a professional service. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't expect professional service after the sale from a dealer that is looking for a quick sale. A dealer must make enough income on selling equipment to support professional technicians as well as maintain an adequate parts inventory, loaner units etc. Also remember your local dealer is just as reliant on your business as you are on his service. He's not going to be successful if youÂ’re not and often your not going to be successful if he is not. Again this is just an observation and like all rules there are exceptions.

Good luck

Terry