warm weather in the northeast

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Nov 5, 2005.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

How many guys in the northeast took advantage of the warm weather on saturday and got some cleanups/ mowings in? stays like this grass is gona be growing for a while longer.... any thoughts/ opinions

2. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

The lawns that get fertilized are still growing at a good clip with the warmth, even the crappy lawns are growing enough to mow... One customer even said to me today "I'll see ya next week" I don't think anyone's ever said that to me in November before. A few have called to make sure I haven't put the mowers away for the season.

The leaves for the most part haven't begun to fall. A lot of trees are near peak, they should start to drop by next week I figure.

3. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

The leaves are coming down pretty good here now but not enough to start full cleanups.I still have some to mow next week and maybe all of them ill see when i get out.I used the nice weather today to finish some brush clearing jobs ive been pushing back and finish painting one of my plows.

4. lawncare18

Easternlawncare.....What part of ct... I worked in Ridgefield at a private golf club all summer... fall cleanups witht the amound of trees in ridgefield must take a while...

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

No work on these last few nice days. Its play time while the weather last, have all winter to work and the grass will still need mowed in the spring.
    BTW - I charge a lot more for spring clean ups than fall :D

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

This weather is great but I'm tired of mowing thats for sure! But nothing beats doing fall clean ups in a ss t-shirt.

7. lawncare18

yea... time for some snow..... season is getting to long in the northeast... nov 5th 70 degrees .... unreal... lake effect snow may be real bad this year with how warm the lakes will be...

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we received that warm weather as well, but now we are in the high thirtys low forties today. The cooler weather will be there tomorrow for you probably

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Low to mid 60's all the way until Saturday here.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LUCKY MAN!!!

maybe I should come and work for you for a little while