Warning--- All Landscapers

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by AccuScapes, Jan 6, 2006.

1. AccuScapes

AccuScapes LawnSite Member
    from NC

I would like to warn you regarding using your business name as your LawnSite login name.

I recently acquired this business: "accuscapes" and will forever have to answer to previous comments that were not made by myself. You see, every comment you make can be googled. So everytime a new customer looks for info on your company, they can see every opinion you've ever had. All the site administrators have to do is delete the account, but they will not do it.

After unsuccessfully asking the administrators, moderators, etc., I am going to have to seek additional help elsewhere. These comments are still archived and viewable by any new customer interested in doing a search of your name.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

It says you been a member since 2003 so I don't understand what your saying

3. AccuScapes

AccuScapes LawnSite Member
    from NC

Exactly. The previous person was a member here. Again, it is nothing major, but the problem I have is the comments that were made in 2003 are now "my comments" in 2006 to my new customers. Actually, even what I am typing now will forever be viewed by my new customers doing a search of the name. I think it is wrong. I have the passwords, etc., and have nicely asked and so has he to remove the name, account, etc.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, that really blows man...

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I really don't see what the problem is. Your login name can be changed to Joe Smith, or whatever name you please. It's really as simple as that.
    However, all posts can not be deleted.

6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

How much can 14 messages, in a search engine hurt customer relations ?

7. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious as to how you can google it? My name on here is my name... I can google my name and I actually never find anything even related to me. Many other jason roses out there...

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

ok, well I guess i was wrong... I typed in jason rose and got nowhere. but I typed in jason rose lawnsite and 3 posts i commented in were there. very random ones though and not even anything i started or that was even close to new.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

actually there are only 7 posts that I see, including this one, and I saw nothing that woudl get a customers feathers ruffled except maybe the repsonse to bobbygedd post about the tree and roundup....but even then.....change your name to accu_scapes or _accuscapes_ or somthing like that if you are that worried of 6 previous and for the msot part inoffenseive posts....

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Who did you ask? It wasn't me.