Warning buzzer instead of Oil light.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Jun 23, 2005.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

I was riding on the mower today and noticed the oil light. I am sure that if it came on I would not see it. Is there a warning buzzer that I can buy that I can splice into the light's wires? I know I'd hear a buzzer. Any products out there.

2. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Not to bust your chops....but first thing you need to do is check the oil before leaving the house in the am and then periodically throughout the day.

Radio Shack sells buzzers that you can put in the line......

3. matthew horner

Quit bustin my chops. Btw, I saw your "add" in the carolina lakes classifieds. I do check the oil, but I had a mower break a cooling line and it threw a rod, and it had no buzzer. Its a big investment.

4. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ok ok ok ...I will let you slid......

Yea....that add has brought A LOT of business to me this year.....glad one of my customers told me about it.

Now don't go and try to steal my thunder......LOL :dizzy:

5. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I did the same thing on a few boats. You can get a LOUD warning buzzer and splice it inline with the oil light. It self checks everytime you start up and the oil light temporarily comes on before engine turnover the horn will go off.

6. matthew horner

YEAH, thats what I need. Where'd you get it?

7. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Go to a junkyard or an auto parts store.. any buzzer that's 12 volts. Radio Shack