1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Warning lights on my truck and trailer!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Revomaxx88, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Revomaxx88

Revomaxx88 LawnSite Member

Finally got them all hooked up. Might be a little overkill but it looks cool and should help alert drivers when I am parked on the side of the road. Last year a landscaper got hit on my street and the trailer was sitting on top of the car, wheels off the ground. Hopefully that never happens to me now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfI655KInw

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

How did you wire them to the trailer? Did you wire a quick disconnect next to the trailer plug or something. looks good btw.

3. Revomaxx88

I used a pair of white connecters off of some old rc batteries for the quick disconnect, then I ran all the wires next to the factory trailer wires and wrapped it all up with some of that flexible plastic conduit for a clean look. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. Ive thought about doing something like that on my open trailer and my enclosed trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

Cool i know exactly what your talking about. I have thought of doing it for my trailer as well but never got the motivation lol.

Clip like this right??
    [​IMG]

6. Revomaxx88

Yes that is the clip.

7. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

Mini bar does the same thing...

8. southgalawns

southgalawns LawnSite Member
    from ga

Where did you get the lights? They sell strobes?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I've ordered strobes and leds from sirennet.com. Do a google search. I've even thought about putting a mini led bar on top my skidsteer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Revomaxx88

I go the lights off ebay. They are pretty cheap but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on this. Total cost was under 80 bucks.