1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Warning of Management Company

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Forever Green Landscaping, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

anyone i mow for other lco's, commercials, and residential
  2. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

One company purchased was NICO Property Management in Medina, Tennessee. This town is right outside of Jackson, Tennessee. They are operating this company under the NICO name.
  3. Big Jeff

Big Jeff LawnSite Member

We also are having problems getting paid from Mirror Lawn and are taking them to court. Our attorney is looking for other companies that Mirror Lawn has taken advantage of. Any contact information from those companies would be greatly appreciated. Please reply to jeffthetruck6@yahoo.com
  4. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Bronze Member

I absolutely refuse to work for management companies but I get calls all the time from them anyways. Just too many horror stories.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I've made enough comments here and at PS that I'm no longer on their call lists. lolololol
    13Razorbackfan likes this.
  6. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

BINGO!!!!! I Always tell those ***** to never call me. I've never done business with any of these scumbags.
  7. DuallyVette

I think that you are urinating into a fan. You didn't contract with Target. YOU contracted with the management company. The management company doesn't own the store, you can't put a lein on the real estate.

THIS Is the plan.
  8. trooper8870

trooper8870 LawnSite Member

I wish something would be done about this company. They are constantly buying small businesses in there hometown to operate under. They have just about burned every bridge possible here and people run backwards when they find out they are dealing with Mr. Shehata Hamada. He is a certified crook.
  9. Mikeyd

Mikeyd LawnSite Member

A property management company can't pay it's sub contractors until they get paid. If the business is not properly managed through the owners greed and or neglect, they will find themselves underwater in a hurry owing it's subs more than they can afford.

This quickly becomes a "Rob Peter to Pay Paul" business at the expense of the sub contractor. This will come to an end at some point, unfortunately subs will feel the pain along the way.

Unfortunately, LCO's can't always see the health of a company when considering work from a Property Management Company. Fortunately sites like this one allow LCO's to share their experiences.

Perhaps as a lesson learned - Does anyone have any thoughts, experience on how to properly vette the health / reputation of a PMC company prior to entering into a contractual arrangement?

I'm thinking randomly...
    • Lawnsite.com
    • BBB
    • Asking the PMC for references
    • Open/Closed law suits (Although, I wouldn't know how to research that)
    • Researching the owner(s) (Google, Social Media, local community)
  10. DuallyVette

Easy. Don't do ANY business with any national contracting companies. I don't.

These contracting companies can't be doing a good job for their customers. So this type of company should soon run out of customers.

To be competitive, the National contractors have to offer competitive prices. That competitive price can't be enough to properly compensate the sub contractor and cover the administrating company. IMHO.