1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

WARNING to all LCO's: you are obsolete, get out while you can!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by motodude, Jun 12, 2005.

1. motodude

motodude LawnSite Member
    from OK

This is the future of lawn maintenance. You have been warned.

Also check out the video for some sweet striping action.
  2. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

excuse me while i yawn....
  3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

yeah that's really slick... i can't believe they have actually sold any and 2. I can't wait till they get sued because the operator drives the mower up his own leg while "sitting in his lawnchair" in the middle of the lawn. You would be walking around as much following it all the time to make sure you don't run anything over than if you would just use a 21" push mower.

Just goes to show you... with the right amount of marketing and advertising you can literally sell ANYTHING.
  4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

That thing will never fly.
    1) It's too expensive.
    2) Who will work on it when (not if) it breaks?
    3) Like was said before, some idiot will lose control of it and hurt themselves.
    4) You still have to maintain it, put gas in it and operate it. If will take just as much time to mow.
    5) Good luck getting it to go perfectly straight unless you walk right behind it.
  5. ITRY

ITRY LawnSite Member
    from KY

I think I saw that machine on "ROBOT WARS". That thing would be great to keep the dogs out of my yard!
  6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Does it trim, edge, and blow off the driveway also??

Does it pull weeds and trim shrubs??

I think you guys are safe for a while!!!
  7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats it. I'm selling out. Or even better will get a bunch of them and just sit in the truck and mow the yard. :dizzy:
  8. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

how long will the batteries last?
  9. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

If it wont trim edge and blow off the sidewalks when you're done, its not gonna make us obsolete. I've seen the little electric models made by Husqvarna, and someone else, I'm not worried about a thing.
  10. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

What the difference if your sitting on a mower or sitting in a chair, it still takes your time and thats what we in the lawn business get paid for, saving the homeowner time from having to do it themselves. Not worried here. :sleeping: