warning words

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Newby08, May 7, 2008.

1. Newby08

Newby08 LawnSite Senior Member

what are the levels of the warning words such as caution, danger, toxic, etc.

2. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Each Warning word should have a reason for the warning for example:

Warning due to overhead wires
    Danger due to open holes
    Caution steep hill ...Trucks use Low gear

There like alerts for you to understand the dangers , levels and some times the procedure for you to follow in case a emergency unfolds:)

3. Plant Buyer 83

Plant Buyer 83 LawnSite Member

I believe what you are talking about are Signal Words. Each word indicates approximately how toxic the pesticide product is. I believe that it only apply's to acute (short term) toxicity (someone correct me if I am wrong). Attached is a breakdown of how they compare to each other.

Attached Files:

4. Newby08

you got it, signal words, thanks

5. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

OK...thought you meant words... as on a sign

6. Newby08

I guess I will let you slide this time.

7. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

You should know that from studying the general pesticide book for ornamental and turf certification. You are certified aren't you? PS I'm lovin the business journal you have going, great job and great luck!... :dancing:

8. Newby08

I know, I know,

I am not only certified for pesticides but get this. I am a certified HAZMAT Tech for my FD. Yep, here you got a guy who is the one you are trusting to get that nasty kill you dead stuff off the streets and he can't even tell you the order of the warning words. I'm so ashamed.

But... to my credit, I have gotten off the HAZ-MAT team at the station due to everything else going on so at least I know where I need to stop doing so much right?

Thanks for the comment on the journal, I have gotten so busy I haven't had time to keep up with it like I was hoping.