Warranty coverage???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevenf, Sep 30, 2007.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an old echo trimmer that I just registered on the echo website and it still has some warranty time left.
    It gradually got harder and harder to start and eventually went to around 50 pulls and 2 minutes of warming up to get it working properly.
    I flushed out the carb and changed the spark plugged to see if that would help and now it wont start at all. I used some starter fluid and it runs for about 4 seconds then shuts off again.
    Question: Do the warrantys cover stuff like this (not starting)??? Or do they only cover busted bearings and such???

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

You can add your thread to the milllions of Echo carb problems. Don't buy the product. Do a search for Echo and carb problems. Sorry to sound harsh but I didn't listen when I was told and lost a lot of money on them.

3. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Generally not starting willbe covered if something is defective, no matter if its a carb or a coil. Unless its caused by stting unused for a long time with old gas no stabilizer in the fuel and it turns to varnish. this plugs up the jets/ passages etc. This is not the fault of the manufacturer. Its your fault.A good dealer will probably still get it warranted if you are a good customer(even if he eats it himself). Much the same as you take care of your good customers, But not for your PITAs.

4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

If the dealer wont fix it, Have you guys ever considered refurbishing an old trimmer?
    New engine gaskets, carb rebuild kit, greese the shaft?? Ive read that 2cycle engines dont get hardly any internal wear. If this is true, Why dont we all do this?
    Opinions on this???

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If you use starting fluid on a regular basis to get your 2 cycle equipment to start, I can almost guarantee that you are going to have internal wear.